There are two kinds of people in the world: those who geek out on politics and love presidential debates, and those who don’t.
This particular debate, featuring 16 of the GOP presidential candidates, is happening at 3 and 5 p.m. PDT Wednesday. You can watch it on CNN or listen on Salem Radio (salemmedia.com).
Now to the list: You could call this a drinking game. I prefer to call it a “guide for when to cheer,” because really, I don’t want to be responsible for any alcohol poisonings or falling out of balconies. So please – only partake of adult beverages if you are 21 or older and do so responsibly. Here’s how it works: Every time you hear one of these phrases or witness one of the following scenarios, please take a moment to cheer your friends and take a drink, whether you’ve got a vodka tonic, Pabst Blue Ribbon, or just a plain old glass of water. I guarantee this will make the debate way more fun for everyone.
1. “Illegal aliens”
2. “Build a wall”
3. “Feckless” in reference to Obama’s foreign policy
4. Anyone references their hard-knock upbringing
5. “Obama-Clinton doctrine”
6. Someone talks about LGBT issues without ever saying the word “gay”
7. “Some of my best friends are (insert minority group here)” or any variation of this phrase
8. “Culture of dependency”
9. “Entitlement reform”
10. Someone goes over time
11. “Ronald Reagan”
12. “Political correctness” or “PC”
13. “Funding terrorists”
14. “God bless America”
15. “Selling baby parts”
16. Jeb Bush’s brother or father are mentioned.
17. Any candidate refers to himself or herself in the third person.