It’s time to get nostalgic about the books you might have read as a kid or teen.
This week’s trivia challenge by Colfax Librarian Sarah Phelan-Blamires challenges your knowledge of young adult literature. To test your trivia skills against others, visit the Whitman County Library Facebook page at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays for a live trivia challenge.
- What classic young adult novel features the characters Ponyboy and Sodapop?
- In “The Lord of the Flies” by William Golding, what is the literal lord of the flies?
- What is the first book, chronologically, in the “Chronicles of Narnia” by C.S. Lewis? By the way, do you know what the initials “C.S.” stand for?
- According to Harry Potter, what are the four positions on a Quidditch team?
- This young adult book by Markus Zusak is narrated by Death himself.
- “The Outsiders” by S.E. Hinton.
- A severed pig’s head, impaled on a stick (will also accept boar or sow).
- “The Magician’s Nephew,” Clive Staples.
- Keeper, Chaser, Beater, Seeker.
- “The Book Thief.”