A little craft so your Fourth of July doesn’t totally blowWhat you need:
A pencil with an eraser
1. Use the pliers to bend a pin at a 90 degree angle, about 1/3 of the way up from the head of the pin.
2. Print one or both of the attached templates (click to enlarge in new window)
3. Cut out the templates.
4. Following the diagonal lines on the template, cut the flaps for the pinwheel.
5. Using a pin, poke holes in the spots indicated on the template
6. Gather the points into the center, poking each through the end of the bent pin one at a time.
7. Once all points are on the pin, poke it through the center of the template.
8. Gently guide the paper around the bend in the pin.
9. Press the pin’s pointed end down into the top of the eraser on a pencil.
10. Give it a spin!