The English language is full of curiosities. Among them are eerie terms for gatherings of beings from the animal kingdom.
This week’s trivia challenge is by Sarah Phelan-Blamires, public services librarian at Whitman County Library in Colfax. The library’s online trivia challenge takes place at 5:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month on its Facebook page. This month that’s Oct. 15.
- A group of bats. (Hint: What a witch mixes potions in.)
- A group of cobras. (Hint: Where one keeps arrows.)
- A group of hyenas. (Hint: A synonym for an evil laugh.)
- A group of crabs. (Hint: What you do with a spell.)
- A group of ravens. (Hint: The opposite of nice.)