By BRIAN BEESLEY / email@example.com
Amazingly, there are people out there — they may be your co-workers, your friends, your loved ones — who have somehow managed to avoid being exposed to one of our culture’s entertainment touchstones.
Of course, we’re talking about those folks who claim to have never seen any of the “Star Wars” movies. Not only haven’t these people sat through one minute of “A New Hope” or “The Empire Strikes Back,” some of them even seem to wear this celluloid purity like a badge of honor.
How this is possible, we’re not sure. But it’s an unsettling phenomenon we think Homeland Security might want to look into.
So, with the seventh installment of the iconic space opera set to open today, we here at 360 thought we’d put together a little quiz to help test your knowledge or all things “Star Wars.”
May the Force be with you. …
1. Where does “Star Wars” take place?
a. In a galaxy, far, far away
b. 20,000 leagues beneath the sea
c. At the center of the Earth
d. In 1930s French Algiers
2. What genre of motion picture would “Star Wars” be classified as?
a. Science fiction
c. Slapstick comedy
d. Arthouse, in the style of Ingmar Bergman
3. What is the name of the young farm boy who becomes a flying ace for the rebellion?
a. Luke Skywalker
b. James T. Kirk
c. George Jetson
d. Holden Caulfield
4. What is the name of Han Solo’s spacecraft?
a. The Millennium Falcon
b. The USS Enterprise
c. Battlestar Galactica
d. The Pequod
5. Who is the central villain in “Star Wars”?
a. Darth Vader
c. Ming the Merciless
d. Alex DeLarge
6. The character Obi-Wan Kenobi belongs to what group of protagonists?
a. The Jedi Knights
b. The United Federation of Planets
c. The Boy Scouts
d. Earth First!
7. What is the name of the bounty hunter working for the Empire?
a. Boba Fett
b. Charlie Siringo
c. Sir Guy of Gisbourne
d. Sherlock Holmes
8. Which famous actress played Princess Leia in the film?
a. Carrie Fisher
b. Meryl Streep
c. Jamie Lee Curtis
d. Catherine Deneuve
9. What is the name of the weapon of mass destruction the Empire plans to use to conquer the galaxy?
a. The Death Star
b. The Doomsday Machine
c. The Omega 13
d. The Nutri Ninja
10. Who was the creator of the series and the director of the original film?
a. George Lucas
b. Steven Spielberg
c. Quentin Tarantino
d. Akira Kurosawa
The correct answer for all questions is “a.”
Yoda Level: If you chose “a” for all of the above questions, a Jedi master you are.
Chewbacca Level: If you chose “b” for any of the above questions, you’re only talented enough to be a trusty sidekick with a serious dandruff problem.
Jar Jar Binks Level: If you chose “c” for any of the above questions, your time in the spotlight will be thankfully brief.
Ewok Level: If you chose “d” for any of the above questions, you are a cultural Luddite. Congratulations, you have a life. Now go bury your face in a good book.